Thursday, September 14, 2017

TBT - MY BRANCH OF THE TREE

Well, I must say I expected you Gentle Readers to say nice things about the beautiful women in the family I married into.

And of course notice was given of the handsome great-grandson (thanks, John Gray).

But I was taken aback by Jager's comment about my Stanley (North Dakota) genes.


How, you might ask, could an upstanding young man (never mind that nickname: Cougar) turn . . . in a few short years into this dissipated wreck of a human.


Part of the transformation may be attributed to that cursed affinity he developed for the fumes of rubber cement.


But wait!

The story takes a turn and, in spite of the drinks on the table, he produces a pretty darned good looking son.


Here's a slightly better (and earlier in time) picture of the Terrible Twosome.


Allow me to introduce my son, Scott, handsome like his proud papa.

So those genes weren't so bad after all, were they Jager!

One more picture, for Montana Mike (aka Should Fish More) who made a snarky comment referencing my dandy legs.

(And, of course, for Val, who also likes the pictures of me in my short shorts.)


In TV days, not dressed for the camera, but slaving away over a hot typewriter.

Gentle Readers, enjoy!

14 comments:

  1. Am always amazed how you can pull up so much out of the archives. Historically, the hair and clothes are always so interesting. I pity those who didn't live in the 60's & 70's. Coolest time ever. Even with those big black glasses! Cute kid of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That second picture, with the cig in you mouth, could easily be a young Nick Nolte.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait a minute, you were a "Prom Waiter"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My high school yearbook says I was but I don't remember it. 'Course, judging from that second picture above there are lots of things I don't remember.

      Delete
  4. I've enjoyed these last two posts. It's fun to look back and then forward again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking that last picture of Big B pounding away on the old IBM looks like Glen Campbell in his longish hair days. Not a bad thing at all. Can you pick a guitar Bruce? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure. "I'll take that red one over there." Oh, you don't mean that?

      Delete
  6. Funny shots!

    The last one, you remind me of John Tesh. It's the haircut. Apologies in advance- like most anyone with taste, I can't stand John Tesh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! The return of the short shorts!

    I think you may have been the master of disguise. You are sporting several different looks in these photos...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still say that shot of you with the cig hanging on your lip makes you look like a British rocker!
    You have been through "phases" indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kids today are probably confused about that machine you're sitting in front of. Hard to believe High schools had entire classes devoted to typing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun to see all these shots and test, that is one handsome son.

    ReplyDelete