Saturday, November 18, 2017

Patterns

Sharon has some interesting photographs on one of her blogs today and it made me think of this photograph I took in our front yard a couple of days ago.


Apparently it is uninteresting, though, as evidenced by SWMBO's shrug reaction to it when I showed it to her.

Perhaps this picture, taken instead of pointing the camera down but up, is more interesting.


I wanted to photograph the gray, cloudy sky and was luck enough to have a couple of big black ravens fly over as I clicked the shutter.

I cropped the picture down later to better show the birds.


Quite obviously they don't flap their wings in a coordinated manner even though they were flying side by side.

The first picture fills one's spirit with a sense of impending gloom or doom against that slate grey sky, though.

(Today it's blue with lots of sunshine.)

6 comments:

  1. Very cool bird photo! That first picture makes me want to walk on those rocks so I can hear them crunch, while simultaneously eatin ice. Too weird?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. Patterns. I spent five minutes looking for a penny...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad there isn't anything hidden in that first photo that I'm supposed to find, because it might have driven me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The timing of the raven photo is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout out. I like your patterns photo. It has a hypnotic effect. We had those same grey skies last Friday. But no rain of course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm oddly reminded with that first shot of something I'm featuring in an autumn post in a few days- imagine that converted into a jigsaw puzzle.

    ReplyDelete